Summer is in full swing, which means heat, humidity, mosquitoes and weekend traffic. Here is how to survive this mess:
- Get up early before it gets too hot to leave your house. Then realize even at 6AM it's already 75F and 85% humidity.
- In order to avoid traffic, ride your bike to work and arrive sweaty. Change into other clothes in janitor's closet because your office doesn't provide better facilities.
- Alternatively, use T and arrive late and sweaty. You will hear a story of someone's life though.
- Or just drive and arrive late. Ride around the block 3 times to find a subsidized parking spot. Then curse the stupid bike lanes that took away those precious 3 spots right in front of your office.
- Get one of those frozen sugary drinks that pretend to have something in common with coffee.
- School's out and students are gone, which means less traffic, but don't worry - weekend traffic starts now on Wednesday and lasts until Tuesday.
- Enjoy your weekends. Just avoid Cape Cod LIKE PLAGUE.
- It's seems nice outside so ride your bike to work. Get completely drenched in an afternoon thunderstorm.
- Make sure you saved enough last year to be able to pay your A/C electricity bill in August.
- Stay away from beaches - they're packed. And from lakes and forests (ticks and mosquitoes). In fact, your office cubicle seems like the best spot (free A/C).
- Be ready to figure out how to provide entertainment for your kids for the next 2 months, knowing your boss will let you take only 5 days off.
- Enjoy those long, warm evenings. Sip some wine on the deck. Mosquitoes and flies will gladly join you.
- Suddenly discover that the best micro-climate in your house is in the basement.
- Peek through the window sometime around the Labor Day and ask "Is it over yet?"