Friday, December 13, 2019

Twelve Days of Christmas

The Christmas season is upon us, which means that here we go again - it's time to play the same old Christmas songs that we all know and honestly have enough of. Not only we have to listen to the same oldies wherever we go this time of year, but also those songs often feel outdated and don't represent the true Christmas spirit of modern times. Which is why I decided to update the lyrics of one holiday classic. Sing with me!

On the twelve days of Christmas my bike ride gave to me,

Twelve drivers speeding,
Eleven drivers texting,
Ten cars idling,
Nine trucks passing
Way to close to me!

Eight near misses,
Seven drivers vicious,
Six blocked bike lanes,
Five delayed trains,
Four that smelled like pee!

Three trucks coal-rolling,
Two that ran on red,
One person dead,
And our Mayor in a SUV!

No comments:

Post a Comment