Friday, April 6, 2012

Roadworks

Unpleasant surprise was waiting for me yesterday on my way back from work. Apparently, there is some work going on now on the Minuteman Bikeway in Lexington. Part of the trail is closed for bike traffic, which essentially forces bikers to ride on always-busy Massachusetts Ave instead. Since I didn't feel like merging with car traffic again, I have to admit I decided to further "investigate" this problem and ignore the warning. I wasn't alone. Most bikers didn't seem to care and were riding this way as usual (as you can tell from the picture below):
It turned out that two spots on the trial had a new asphalt in place and it looked like perhaps some pipes running across the path were replaced. Fortunately, the part of the Bikeway in Arlington was free of any obstacles and I could get home quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment