Friday, April 8, 2016

It's snow everywhere so it must be April

What's going on with this weather?! I have just returned back from Europe, visiting my family and my hometown. It was 65F (18C) back there, but when I landed at Logan, I was welcomed by snow. The next day (Wednesday) it was only 20F (-6C) in the morning and I had to dug up those thicker winter gloves I already put away for the next winter season.

The following day (Thursday) it was supposed to rain a lot and since I had to run some errands during the day that required motorized transport, I decided to drive to work. Or maybe it was because on the day before I ripped the chain on my bike just around the corner from my house. It has never happened to me before. No big loss, to be honest. I have a spare and that chain was scheduled for a replacement anyway.
Never broke a chain is such way. Either I have some superpower in my legs or those cheapest chains are not worth it.

Driving might have been a pretty good idea that day as in the afternoon roads turned into mountain rivers from all that sudden rain. I don't know about you but somehow I don't enjoy cycling in such conditions. No matter what you do, you get wet. Either from falling rain, splashed water or your own sweat under the waterproof clothing.

Speaking of rain gear, I'm thinking about buying new rain pants. The ones I have are pretty worn already and started to leak. It's likely going to be either Endura Tech-Pant overtrousers or Showers Pass Transit. Anyone has any experience with these, please let me know.

So here are my plans for this weekend: finishing unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning the bike after winter and replacing the chain. Fortunately, it's supposed to be sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment