Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Happy New Year! 2012 is over. We are entering the new, exciting 2013.

I was looking back at my 2012 New Year's resolutions:
1. Put Dr. J. on a bike. He will be old enough to get familiar with it.
2. Ride a 140+ km route from Arlington to Cape Cod.
3. Explore more of northwestern towns by bike (Bedford, Concord, Carlisle).
1 and 3 are done. We rode multiple times with Dr. J. together and we tried two different kinds of bike seats. I also had a chance to explore surrounding towns by bike much more than in 2011. I visited Lexington, Carlisle, Bedford, Concord.
I did not complete 2. I didn't find time to do it. However, I rode to Chatham instead. And while it was not as challenging as the Boston-Cape Cod ride would be, I am pretty sure it was equally satisfying.

My 2013 New Year's resolutions are:
  1. Get a bike for Dr. J. Time to start looking around for his own bicycle.
  2. Put the parts I collected from my parents house into a good use. Maybe I can build a new bike from it?
  3. Try longer rides. The lack of time is the biggest problem. I would like to start a full day ride, over 100km long, but so far my growing family was the top priority. It is unlikely to change in 2013. Despite this, I hope to find time to ride further and longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment