Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Power of the horn

Boston drivers love to sound their cars' horns. I got beeped twice this morning on my way to work. I rode in a straight line, half a meter from the curb, thus being in a perfectly safe and correct position on the road. I wonder what were those drivers trying to tell me? Was it either:
 
"I am passing on your left. Watch out!" or
"Stay away form the road. You should not bike here!".
 
I don't think they were trying to warn me. Lanes in that area are really wide and even if I ride away from the curb drivers still have plenty of space to pass me without entering the opposite traffic lane.
 
Something tells me that those beeping drivers are just trying to "educate" cyclists that they should either stay glued to the curb or not be on the road at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment